The City of Millersville is focused on creating a prosperous future while preserving our history.
COURT CLERK: TESS STEPHENS
Only the Judge can determine the outcome of a case.
The Judge will determine whether or not you will be allowed to attend traffic school; therefore, you must come to court to be considered eligible. The Judge will not accept online Safety School programs.
- If the Judge grants traffic school, you will be given all necessary information about the class including date, time, place and fees. Safety School will be a 4 hour course.
- You are not eligible for traffic school if you have had a citation within the past year or drive commercially.
PROOF OF INSURANCE:
- If you did not have insurance at the date and time the citation was issued, you must come to court and appear before the Judge or pay the fine before the court date.
- The State of TN will automatically suspend your driver’s license if you did not have insurance at the time the citation was issued.
- If you had insurance at the date and time the citation was issued but could not find the proof, please provide that proof of insurance and present it to the City Court Clerk before your court date, or present it to the Judge at your court appearance.
Payments are accepted at Millersville City Hall Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. If you pay the ticket prior to the court date, it is considered an admission of guilt, and you do not have to appear in court.
- We accept cash, checks, money orders (except Canadian), Mastercard and Visa. There is a 3% administrative fee on credit card payments. Make check or money order payable to: Millersville City Court.
- There is a drop box in front of City Hall where payments for the exact amount can be left after hours or on weekends and holidays.
- If you wish to pay by mail, enclose a copy of the citation along with the correct amount due and mail to the address at the top of this page. If you want a receipt, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Please follow-up to make sure your payment was received. If it is not received it will become a FTA and be sent to the State of Tn.
- All payments must be received no later than 12:00 p.m. on your court date if you do not plan to appear.
FAILURE TO APPEAR FOR COURT:
The Department of Safety will be notified of your failure to appear and your license will be suspended.
- The cost will then be $103.50 plus a fine of $50.00 per offense due to your failure to appear.
- The Department of Safety will also require a separate reinstatement fee.
PROPER ATTIRE IS REQUIRED AND STRICTLY ENFORCED
DIRECTIONS TO THE CITY COURT:
From Nashville, take I-65 North and get off at Exit 98, the Millersville-Springfield Exit. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp. Millersville City Hall is approximately two (2) miles on the left. Enter the building through the front doors and the courtroom is on the right.
NOTICE: All fines must be paid in full at the time of the judge’s ruling.